Shen Yun Arts Proficiency Assessment Center’s Chinese Dance I is an elementary course focused on fostering students’ interest in Chinese dance and improving their memory when it comes to dance. The exam assesses basic understanding and awareness of the body, as well as sense of rhythm.
Candidates who score 80 points or more in the examination will receive a certificate. The standards for this level of examination are as follows::
- Satisfy requirements for basic flexibility.
- Maintain coordination when performing simple movements.
- Understand basic rhythms.
If any of the following occurs, you will not be qualified for the exam:
- Have not participated in the corresponding course taught by a certified Shen Yun Arts Proficiency Assessment Center instructor.
- Attending less than 90% of the classes (five absences) (unexcused absence or early leave without permission of the instructor will be considered as absence).
- Students who participate in online training do not have enough indoor space to move around during the class and do not have a dance bar.
- Were unable to set up the camera to allow the instructor to see movements clearly and completely.
- Refused to accept instructions or requests from the instructor during class.
- Behaved disrespectfully toward the instructor during class.
- In addition to the above, the instructor may present other reasons for deeming a student unqualified to participate in the exam.
- Candidates must have a registered account on the Shen Yun Arts Proficiency Assessment Center website.
- Applications submitted by the candidates must be approved by Shen Yun Arts Proficiency Assessment Center certified instructors.
- Candidates must complete the online or offline tests within the specified period of time.
- Candidates participating in online tests must successfully upload their video submissions within 7 days of beginning the test.
- Offline tests must be administered at a venue authorized by Shen Yun Arts Proficiency Assessment Center.
- Candidates who fail to pass the exam can retake it within 12 months of the date of their initial application without additional fee.
- Candidates who fail to pass the exam a second time within 12 months will need to reapply for the exam and repay exam fees.